Wednesday, January 18, 2012

this year, there will be a tree

This past Christmas was mine and Mark's 4th Christmas married.  And for one reason or another, we have yet to be able to have a tree.  Well, correction.... Last year (2010) Mark went out the week of Christmas and bought a tree since they were practically giving them away.  But it was kinda sad, seeing that we didn't have many decorations for it.  So I went out after that and bought some clearance ornaments, decor, etc...

But there were no artificial trees to be found.  I figured we'd be able to grab one once Christmas rolled around again.  No such luck.

So, last month, I went out to our backyard and cut down the closest thing possible to a Christmas tree, stuck it in a planter, and called it our tree.  The ornaments are (somewhere) in the attic, and seeing that this was Christmas Eve, we just figured it'd be a Charlie Brown tree.

As I've said before, Mark is a Christmas scrooge.  He could care less if decorations go up or not.  But while I was at Garden Ridge last week, I saw their trees 75% off.  What a steal!  Unfortunately, I couldn't find one small enough for our house..... Until I saw the black ones, pre-lit!  I thought perfect compromise!  I want to decorate, Mark is a scrooge, let's get a black tree!  I know that the different colored trees are a trend now, and the black ones don't exist for people that hate Christmas (I'm sure it will actually look stunning and beautiful once the ornaments are all in place), but it just seemed perfect for us.  And it's the perfect size for our cozy living room.

So, it sits in the box for now, soon to go into the attic, but I can't wait til December rolls around and  we I can put it up.  Can't wait to see Roscoe's face when he first sees it.  He loved all the Christmas trees this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment