Saturday, January 29, 2011

it's random

This could turn out to be a huge cluster of thoughts.  I'm not totally sure where they're going at the moment.  Sometimes I've got a definite theme of things I'm thinking that I want to get out in writing and other times it's as if there is a swarm of thoughts flying around my head and I'm desperately trying to grab just one or two to tie into a post.

For example, I'll just type the next 5 thoughts that come into my head:
1) I can't believe how much got accomplished today.
2) Boy do I feel like a fat face.
3) Sherman's farts stink.
4) If I can't get grandmommy's dresser out of Roscoe's room, where is his dresser going to go?
5) I wish I could share a conversation and a glass of wine with my husband by my side.

Usually this is the reason Mark can get exhausted when he's here and I'm in a talkative mood.  From what he tells me, my thoughts can go from polar bears to telephone poles to 'why do the dog's paws always smell like doritos?' in literally about 15 seconds.  But I can link them all to one smooth-transitioned thought process, and I'm sure you women out there reading this can do the same thing.  Something about our brains being a circuit of wires vs. the man's closet of neatly organized and separated boxes.

So since I'm this far into a post and have yet to settle on any of those swarming thoughts, I'll just go into detail on the aforementioned 5.

1) I have never felt so loved by a group of people than I did today.  The wedding doesn't even come close to this.  For some reason receiving gifts from family and friends for our baby just made me feel incredibly loved.  And I can't explain why.  As if that wasn't enough, mine and Mark's parents came over to the house to keep me company and help get gifts consolidated.  The moms brought the cradle from Andy and Beth's, and the dads got things into the attic, moved furniture around for me, and bathed the dogs (well, that was all Mark's dad. And that's a big chore, so he gets all the credit).  Mom helped me get Roscoe's room a little more under control, including hanging the curtains.  Mark's mom helped me organize all the gifts we received today.  We ate dinner and had some lattes.  And it was good.

2) Really, though.  I've had numerous people telling me things like "you look so good" and "you're all belly weight" and "you haven't even gained any weight in your face."  Thank you all, I am very flattered.  And for the most part, you're right.  I haven't gained a ton of weight everywhere.  But after looking at the pictures from the shower, that last common compliment is false.  Lies.  Seriously, I have Allan blood in me on my dad's side, and when Allans gain any weight, it is first evident in their face.  And I hate that.  And I can't wait for this baby to be born purely for the fact that my face can go back to normal.  I am vain for that.  And I know it.  So?

3)  The good thing about thought number 3 is that it doesn't need much expounding on.  If you've never smelled a sherman fart, come hang out with me here with sherman.  Once he lets one go, you'll be on your way, no matter how much you're enjoying my company.

4)  I haven't reached a conclusion yet, so there's nothing to say about this question.

5)  Because sometimes, at the end of a day like today, I would love nothing more than to curl up under a blanket on the couch in the quiet opposite the love of my life and unwind with a glass of wine.  We never get tired of that time together.  And there have been many times that we've lost track of the time in conversation and laughter.  I am thankful that I've been able to talk to him every day that he's been gone, but there's something about being in each other's presence and experiencing that comfortable silence that can last a minute or two.  On the phone, it's just not quite as natural and relaxing.  Well look at that, Mark is calling  me right now.  No lie.  Gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment