Friday, July 29, 2011

is he strong because i moved the woodstove while pregnant?

In case you never read about that, find it here.

One of the first things that shocked us about Roscoe was when he was 12 days old.  He was mad, screaming and pitching a fit in Mark's arms.  Mark was sitting in the recliner trying to hold Roscoe to his chest to calm him down and Roscoe stiffened up and stood up on Mark.  Arms straight out pushing away from Mark, legs strong, standing.  That lasted a good 5-8 seconds... At 12 days old.  We were amazed.

Roscoe has always shown unusual strength for his age, especially when it comes to his leg muscles.  Sometimes, he just isn't happy sitting or lying down, but wrap his hands around your fingers so he can pull himself up to stand, and the smile erupts.

This week he has shown a fascination with the blanket on the back of our couch.  It's an afghan a friend made for us as a wedding gift.  Roscoe loves weaving his fingers through the yarn and attempting to eat it.  He was practically climbing the couch trying to get to the top day before yesterday, but of course that was with assistance.

Today, however, he scooted down the couch away from me, so I let him go.  And he gave me a good 30 seconds to a minute to try to capture this picture with my phone (it's the only camera I had near me).



Keep in mind that Roscoe is now 5 1/2 months old.  If you feel led to say a prayer for me, I wouldn't mind.  Time to put my seat belt on....things are about to get interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment