Wednesday, July 27, 2011

time for change

This post is dedicated to all of you who join me in being critics of pretty much everything.  I hope you get to eat your words as well.

Before being a mom, I had always said that I didn't understand why new parents felt the need to have the baby in a bassinet in the bedroom.  I knew the practicality of just going to the end of the bed to get the baby for nighttime feedings (instead of having to go to a different room), but honestly, could it have made that much of a difference?

Before Roscoe was born, my sister-in-law offered to let me use the bassinet her dad built for her children.  I was going to turn it down because my cynical self figured Roscoe would start out in his bedroom.  Mark convinced me to take her up on the offer for the sake of convenience.

Well....long story short, Mark had asked me at the beginning of the summer when I was planning on moving Roscoe to his bedroom.  My response: "After you take your last trip in July."  That was an easy way to postpone moving him, right?  I enjoyed knowing Roscoe was in the room with me while his Mark was out of town for those 9 weeks, and he couldn't blame me.

So..... Mark got back from that trip on Sunday.

Aaaaand...... The little guy's still in our room.  I'm still not ready for him to sleep across the hall at night.

Sheesh.

Any moms out there sympathize with me?  Why is this of all things a difficult transition to make?

No comments:

Post a Comment