Thursday, September 22, 2011

book signing

This past Saturday, my mom and I went to a book signing for Emily Freeman's new book, Grace for the Good Girl.  Her sister (who calls herself "the nester") was hosting the shower. (How's that for enough links to keep you busy for a few minutes?)

It went like this: I follow the nester's blog, and mom follows Emily's blog.  I saw on the nester's page that she was hosting a book signing party for Emily, and that anyone could RSVP by email.  Mom had been reading Emily's blog and had purchased the book, read it, and linked a video to facebook about it.  From how it appeared over the internet, my mom really enjoyed the book, so I figured the book signing was worth mentioning.  Although (and you have to know my mother to understand this), I had a feeling it wouldn't go anywhere.  The last thing I expected my mom to want to do was go to a house she'd never been to owned by a person she'd never met (or head of) to get a book signed by another someone she didn't know.  But upon asking, she immediately said yes.  Go mom!

So mom and I took off last Friday for an overnight trip in Charlotte.  The whole trip turned out to be very refreshing and fun, filled with relaxation at the hotel as well as shopping (as if that wouldn't be included).  Roscoe was very well behaved.  And that little booger....... as soon as we walked into the estrogen-filled house for the signing, he went crazy.  Seriously, his eyes lit up and he was all smiles, reaching for girls and smiling at everyone and pretty much just being the little heartthrob of the event for the time we were there.

I haven't read this book yet, but my mom says it's incredible, to the point that she's wondering if Emily followed her around for a case study for the book.  I'm excited to read it once I'm finished with my current book.

Oh, and check it out.... Mom and Roscoe (and my jelly belly) made it into the pictures on the nester's post-party blog update.

No comments:

Post a Comment