Friday, March 23, 2012

RPG's first birthday party

Better late than never.  I meant to have these pictures up long ago.

I bring you a very, very picture-heavy post.

We had a very small party with family and a few friends.  I still had the decorations from Roscoe's baby shower so I reused some of them.


mooching some ice cream coffee punch off grandma


A monumental moment.  Until this picture, Roscoe wouldn't let his godpapa near him.  For some reason, he's been terrified of him since birth.  But as you'll see in later pictures, we're slowly overcoming that fear.  I love the expressions here.

I love his face here enough that I don't care about the blurriness of the photo.  His godparents gave him a great pop-up Rocket to the Moon book.

Bathtub letters that stick on the walls when wet.  Ironically enough, he's saying "Oh!" as he holds up the letter "O."  That definitely got some laughs.


Please ignore the over-the-top excitement on my face.  I'm not really sure I remember my face getting this close to the point of exploding.




(note: I am jealous of you if you are able to look at a baby and not make the same facial expression he is making at that moment.)

a little uncertain

uncertainty gone


just slightly embarrassing



my little sweetheart sharing his cupcake with me

"get me down please i'm full"

precious.  warming up.  and it only took a year ;)

Neither Mark and I, nor either set of our parents got a picture with Roscoe that day.  But my mom captured this great one of him with his godparents.  So thankful Roscoe has 6 "grandparents" to love and learn from.

We love this little guy.  He's a fireball for sure, living up to his "RPG" initials.  Looks just like his daddy and fills my days with the oddest mix of perfectly balanced frustration and joy.  I am humbled and thankful that God has blessed us with the gift of parenthood.  Bring on the birthdays, little boy.  I can't wait to get to know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment