Thursday, February 9, 2012

predicaments

I knew this day would come.  And I've said that when it did, I would stick to my guns.

Because there is one way--and ONLY one way--for the toilet paper to hang.  Flap over front, not behind.


Correct


Incorrect

But when you have an exploring baby, the logistics of the proper way for hanging toilet paper are challenged.  See, if the flap hangs behind (the improper way), a child can spin the toilet paper roll all he wants without making a pile of toilet paper on the floor.  But when the roll is positioned properly, with the flap over front, any spinning will cause disaster.

Generally speaking, the bathroom door stays closed.  Because I like to sit down and blog and drink coffee and check out pinterest and other sort of time wasting things in the morning, rather than follow roscoe all over the house to make sure he's not getting into anything.  So, close doors, put protectors in outlets, and let him go.  He goes between his room, the living room, and the kitchen.  So the toilet paper isn't an issue until I'm getting ready.

But keeping him out of the bathroom when I'm getting ready is like trying to catch and contain a waterfall in a water bottle.  It's impossible.  (Unless I close the door, which I won't do because then I can't hear what he's doing.)  So I run back and forth between him and all sorts of things I don't want him touching--the toilet, trashcan, plunger, toilet brush, toilet paper roll--all while trying to apply makeup or fix my hair.

All that frustration, you ask, and you won't just turn the toilet paper around?

No, no I won't.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Lynn and I'm a TP roll to the front fanatic. (I hear a chorus of fellow sufferers, "Hi, Lynn!") I MAJORLY sympathize with you on this one. The grand solution to the getting ready/Roscoe dilemma is a portable baby gate in the doorway of the bathroom. You will be able to see and hear him and vice versa...and you get to leave the TP in its CORRECT position! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly don't know why I didn't think of that! We have our baby gate set to fit the kitchen door (it's not a 1-2-3 kind of easy to adjust), and our bathroom doorway is smaller. So I may have to figure something out with that... but a grand idea! Thank you, fellow TP sufferer. (BTW, isn't it just painful for you to be at a house where the TP is installed incorrectly? Do you flip it around?) :)

    ReplyDelete