Thursday, February 2, 2012

a night at the circus

A few months ago, Mom and Dad saw that Ringling Bros were coming to town and decided to buy tickets for those of us children (and our children) who were in the area.  Unfortunately, neither my brother Andy nor my husband Mark could make it.  So Mark's parents (lucky guys) got to take their tickets.

I didn't get nearly the pictures that I wanted to.  But I got a couple of Roscoe that I loved (of course).

Oh, I have to mention that Sherri (Mark's mom) rivaled the 7-year old Liam in level of excitement.  I honestly think that she was the most excited child that attended.  Love ya, ma! ;)


Attempt #1 at getting a picture of me and my little man.  I had just put him in the wrap and he was giggling and trying to squirm out.



Attempt #2.  A little better.  With grampa and cousin Gilly in the background.  (I love his little squinty eyes and smile.) (Roscoe's, that is.  Not grampa's.)



And success!  Love this guy.  And his circus-inspired hair-do.


The circus started at 7:30 and was over around 10.  Roscoe's normal, average day bedtime is 8:00, for no other reason than that's the time that he hits his must-go-to-bed-now wall.  He got a little squirmy around 9, just before intermission, but other than that I was so proud of the way he handled his fatigue.

Here are some post-circus pictures.  He looks a little tired:



Grampa just loves Roscoe to pieces, by the way.  That's the reason he's the only other person in the pictures.  He was right beside me helping with Roscoe all night.  He tends to do that when Mark's out of town.  Thanks, Dad Grant.

So thanks, Mom and Dad, for the night at the circus.  We had a blast.  I do wish I had gotten some pictures of the actual circus, but I was a little preoccupied and pictures probably wouldn't do it justice anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment