Wednesday, August 24, 2011

on poop

I think about this blog often.  I enjoy writing, but honestly feel like my days are limited to thoughts on poop, spit, and the occasional nap.  When I'm not communicating with a baby, I'm usually cleaning the house, washing laundry, doing the cloth diaper thing, etc.

I don't really feel starved for community.  We've got some awesome friends, among whom are other mothers going through the same mundane thing every day.  I just desire to come up with something worth "musing" over.  But now I feel limited to just updating on Roscoe.  That's what my life is right now (not to be confused with "that's my identity."  Ah!!!  There's a post!).

So with that in mind, a little on poop:

Roscoe recently started eating solids.  And by solids, I mean solid. food.  Not smushed up, pureed, already chewed stuff.  He had been showing an interest in mine and Mark's food for about a week.  After a while I would give him something when he reached for it.  The confused look on his face when he realized that he wasn't receiving liquid in his mouth was priceless.  But he immediately took to it and has been enjoying eating with us.  It's not a religious thing yet, he still primarily breastfeeds.  But what he decides to eat in the way of solids is up to him.  It's fun to watch him discover foods, and healthy ones at that!!

But with the solid food comes the solid poop.  I've made a promise to myself to not take the breastmilk poop for granted with the next child (especially with the cloth diapering)!  Without going into too much description of this topic, let me just say it's a lot less hassle, and it doesn't stink!  But this morning alone, I've already changed 3 diapers.  Of those 3 diapers, 3 of them have consisted of poop.  Stinky, brick-like poop.  Life would be a lot easier if I had more than 10 cloth diapers.  Currently taking donations for the cloth diaper fund.

No comments:

Post a Comment